Saturday, February 26, 2005

Our Loss

Our loss is Hofstra Law School's gain. Professor Aaron Twerski's appointment as Dean of Hofstra Law School is a good thing. I am glad to see him get such a prestigious appointment. He will definitely be great for the school. I had him as my torts professor last year and I think that I am lucky that I did. He was a great professor and I feel that I really learned a lot in the course. I was looking forward to taking products liability with him, but that will no longer happen.
For those of you that don't know Professor Twerski is just about the man when it comes to products liability. He was a Co-reporter for the Restatement of Torts Third on Products Liability. He has written numerous law review articles in all the prestigious journals and he taught as a visiting professor at such schools as Cornell, Boston University, and the University of Michigan Law Schools. I mean the guy had a teaching fellowship at Harvard Law School. I guess what I am getting at is that I am sad to see him go, but I am happy for him. I hope Brooklyn uses this opportunity to try and gain someone as accomplished, but I don't think Twerski's shoes can be filled here. It's rare when you meet someone that when his name comes up not only does nobody have anything negative to say, but everyone clammers to say what they like about him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home