Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hands free?

As I was walking home from school today I saw a woman using a hands free device for her cell phone. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? Well she was holding the microphone peice up to her mouth with her hand. It seems to me that she could have just as easily held the phone up to her head. It just seemed to defeat the whole point of using the hands free device.
I imagine a lot of gadgets are used just because they are gadgets. My dad used to tell me that sometimes the things you own end up running your life more than you. This is true of a lot of things. I think one of the best examples is the car. It is a great thing and I really enjoyed having one, but it was a lot of work and often I had to spend time fixing it up rather than doing the things I bought the car for. I know stupid lesson and not much real connection with the hands free cell phone device. Oh well. I think I will write something profound later. Right now roommate is playing loud music and it is tough to gather my thoughts. he is annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home