Friday, August 13, 2004

Observations

so I decided that after doing my banking in Manhattan I would just walk around for a while. It was fun and I learned a lot of things. I would first like to say that it is my second day without driving. I find that I am cussing, honking, and flicking off a lot less now. Honking is an obvious one. I am cussing less because when you are not in your car you don't feel as safe. If someone walking in front of you cuts you off then there isn't much you can do. if you cuss at them then you face the probability of getting punched or kicked. I wouldn't like that. Flicking off is about the same as cussing. Also when you are driving you are flicking off or cussing at red toyota or blue honda. When you are on the sidewalk you are cussing or flicking off that individual person. It takes more for me to get pissed at a person than a car.
My next observation is about dogs. I feel bad for NYC dogs. This one woman had this little dog and it looked like it never touched grass in its entire life. Also its only little shred of hope was peeing on a tree. I mean let's face it that is a great thing for a dog. They love that stuff. Every time this dog got close to a tree it would just dash at it and it's owner would yank it away so hard it would yelp. I think if dogs could commit suicide than the NYC dog suicade rate would be phenominal. Also I am more and more convinced that owners of their dogs do resemble their dogs greatly. Or is it the other way around? Either way I don't want to resemble a dog.
I also want to talk about tourists. Don't get me wrong I have only been here for three days, but its a pretty fast learning curve. One thing you notice is that when a bicycler, spelling is way off here, blows his little whistle New Yorkers just pay no attention to it. The tourist jump for cover like they just saw a rocket exploding. It's quite funny really. Back to walking for a second though, this woman was coming up from behind me and said on your left. Kind of like people do when they are snow skiing. It really wasn't a bad idea though. I am sure there are a lot of walking accidents in this city. I wonder what the statistics are for that. I also wonder if insurance covers it. I am glad I am not really short. That wouldn't be helpful here. Well I have been reduced to incoherent rambling so that means its time to stop writing. I think I am gonna write a post about the difference between udon and sushi although I still don't know what udon is. I think it's a noodle. Also that 'why I hate the Jersey turnpike' post is in the works. I just get soo angry when I start writing it that I have to stop.

3 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never do that to my Moo :o)

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jasmine said...

Intresting post... Stop by some time.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You da man Andy, glad to see all is going well for you so far in NYC. Bang a hooker for me and then write about that ya heard. Your boy J No

 

Post a Comment

<< Home